Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mysterious, very mysterious

Someone got me good! I give her props. Some background info, the Adopt a Family refereed to in the following emails is a yearly fundraising drive. Notice that in 1/2 an hour 14 people voted (about 20% of the department) and I got 50% of the votes! My reputation is getting the better of me.

Email 1:

At one time, a nice colleague borrowed a book of mine entitled "Practitioner's Guide to Empirically-Based Measures of Anxiety." That book has not been returned to my shelf, and I cannot recall who that nice colleague was. If you know of this nice colleague (or you are this nice colleague), would you mind returning my book? You can do it anonymously by placing it in my mailbox or the box outside my door, and your identity can remain a mystery…

Thanks,
Cindy


Email 2 (response from me):

I looked around and found the book in Danny Hughes office. I promptly took it from him and went to your door. It sounded like you were busy, so, instead of knocking I placed it in your mailbox. We need to keep Danny on a tighter leash!

George

Email 3:

The mystery person identified himself!

So, in the spirit of Adopt-a-Family, I will donate 25 bucks in the name of the person who can guess the culprit.

I will provide some clues to aid in your guess (there are 2 people in the department not allowed to guess - one is the culprit himself, the other is the person he tried to blame the indiscretion on).

This person is probably well-known throughout the department. He clearly works hard, but has made it known that he likes to "play." Thankfully, he has a wife who grounds him, but sometimes seems to support his creative side. He can be very calculating, but not in a deceitful way.

Who is he?


Email 4:

Early voting turn-outs were slim.

The votes cast were for:

George Baum - 1111111
Brian Carter - 11
Danny Hughes - 11
Paul Cinciripini - 1
Alex Prokhorov - 1
Lorenzo Cohen - 1



And the culprit was:



George Baum!!!! (even though he was asked several times if he had the book)

So, in the name of Stacie Scruggs (who answered correctly within seconds of me sending the email), I will donate $25 to Adopt-A-Family!

Cindy

No comments: